Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked

What are your fees?

As all ceremonies are personally written for you and depending on your requirements, prices may vary and are available upon request.

Please contact me if you would like to know more about what Chameleon Ceremonies can create for you.

Will you travel?

I love a destination wedding and am willing to travel to your destination or venue.

I am based in London, UK and travel to Sydney, Australia regularly.

Travel within a 10-mile radius – London, and 15-kilometre radius -Sydney is included in my ceremony price. If you are outside this area, please contact me for a travel quote.

Can we have a wedding ceremony outside or in different locations?

Absolutely yes! Your ceremony can take place in any venue of your choice provided the correct permissions are in place.

If your ceremony is outdoors it is always recommended to have a plan B in case of adverse weather conditions.

Is there anywhere you can’t hold a ceremony?

You cannot obtain permission to perform ceremonies which are owned or managed by other religious faiths.

Is a celebrant led wedding ceremony legally binding?

In England, celebrant weddings are officiated separately to the legal signing of the register.

A legal marriage ceremony must be conducted in a licensed premise or performed by an authorised person.

This is usually done before or after your wedding ceremony and will not affect your celebrant ceremony on your wedding day, leaving you free to have the ceremony you desire.

In Australia, celebrants Australia wide are authorised marriage celebrants can legally marry couples under the Marriage Act 1961 at the location of their choice.

What is the difference between a marriage ceremony and a wedding ceremony in the UK?

In the UK, a marriage ceremony is a legal union between two people conducted in a licensed venue or church, conducted by a registrar or religious leader.

A wedding ceremony is a celebration of love and commitment. It is not a legally recognised union and can be held at any venue or location. You do not have any restrictions on the type of ceremony you would like to have.

How much notice do we have to give?

As much as possible! 6 -12 Months ahead is preferable.

For Australia – notice must be at least 45 days before your wedding day, for your interview and notice of intention.

What is the most popular day to get married on?

Saturdays are the most popular days and book out quickly, however, ceremonies can be held on a weekday as well.

We married abroad but would like a ceremony in my home town, can this be done?

Absolutely Yes! You can renew your vows or have another wedding, as this ceremony has no legal formalities.


Can we involve family and friends in the ceremony?

Yes, there are many ways to involve family and friends in your ceremony, from reading a poem, guests blessing stones, parents or friends being part of your handfasting ceremony, planting a tree and more…

dog at wedding ceremony
dog at wedding

Can we include our family pets in the ceremony

Pets can be included in your ceremony and I am happy to accommodate wherever suited.


For example, your flower girl or ring bearer can walk or carry your pet down the aisle, which is one of the many ways for your pet to join in.

What are other things to consider if you wish to include your pet;

The location of your wedding ceremony and reception.

Does the venue allow pets?

Does your pet behave well in new environments and large groups?

Who will look after your pet during the ceremony?

Include your pet’s attendance on the invitations so guests with allergies can prepare accordingly.

Do you provide a P.A and microphone?

Yes, we can provide a P.A and microphone on the day, for London, UK and Sydney, Australia. Other regions may incur extra fees.

Are you insured?

Yes. I have full public liability and copyright insurance for both the UK and Australia.